Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Welsh Doll



I have always written to Pen-Pals, when I was 16 years old one of my pen-pals (Beverly) who lived in England, was killed by a drunk driver. Her mother wrote to tell me and we have stayed in contact ever since, in fact 2 years ago I met her(Ella) for the first time, as she was in Vancouver , BC Canada on a Tour and had a few days in that she was able to meet up with me, then again a few weeks ago she was in Vancouver again so we met up for a day and had lunch and went shopping, we got talking and I was telling her that I was going to try and make a Welsh Costume for one of my childhood dolls, she told me she still had Beverly's Welsh Doll that she had knitted the costume for many a year ago. Last week it arrived in the mail for me, Ella felt that Beverly would have wanted me to have her doll.
I am so thrilled that Ella sent her to me, she will always hold a special place in my heart.
Ella is now 73 years old, she is hoping to make another trip to Vancouver later this year.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

That is wonderful that you two have kept in touch, and so sweet that she sent you her daughter's doll.

roseygirl said...

I cried when I opened the parcel, I was so happy she felt she could trust me with her daughters doll.