Friday, April 24, 2009

Do you knit for yourself or.....

do you give your knitted items away as gifts?
I personally find that I hardly ever knit for myself, I usually knit things for the children I look after(I work as a Nanny) My hubby and son never seem to wear anything I ave knitted for them so I don't knit for them any more. I do knit for my friends also I
and I love it if I see them out and about wearing things I have made for them :) I do knit dishcloths for myself and scarves but that is about it, most of what I knit is given away or sold at craft fairs.

3 comments:

Barbara Marr said...

I don't give much knitted gifts, I seem to always have it in the back of my mind but then I start figuring 'if I give this to so&so then I need to make something for so&so #2". Maybe it is because I have such limited time to knit.

Congrats on the new house, I send powerful thoughts to help with the packing.

Bridget said...

Hi, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

I hardly ever knit for myself, either. My husband (to his credit) is always happy with any knitted things I make for him, and last year I knit socks for all of my nieces, nephews, and their partners, which went over well for the most part.

I have been thinking of making a sweater for myself though ...

Katidids said...

Hi, just found you blog, thank you for adding me to your reader list! I sell most of my knitting & yes gift the rest. We have a wedding comming up that I will need a shawl for tho!