Friday, June 16, 2006

I am going to try Quilting

As I bought a sewing machine a few weeks ago , I have decided I want to try some sort of quilting. Not a huge quilt to start with, but maybe some small items, like place mats and a bag, or a table runner, plus maybe a wall hanging that can also be used as a table cloth.
I have bought a couple of quilting magazines and a quilting book(For children) LOL! In them I have seen a few things I think I would like to try.
Though I hated sewing in highschool I feel at this point in time I want to sew again, but now make things I want to make, not stuff that a teacher tells me I have to make :)

2 comments:

JenBin said...

I, too, am starting to quilt! You might want to check your local sewing machine store for classes. I'm making a Christmas hanging to start with. Good luck!

roseygirl said...

The quilted wall hanging that I want to make with tea-pots and tea cups on it I was thinking of doing with christmas material as it would look really nice. We are going to start a quilting class in Oct with our craft group so far about 4 of us plan to do the quilting :)