Monday, March 26, 2007

Not sure if I should .....

try taking circular knitting needles on the plane with me to Australia? A few magazines articles I have read lately, say some airlines allow them as long as they are Plastic or Bamboo and they are circular needles? But the magazines also say it is up to the customs officer/bag checker person if they want to allow you to take them on the plane.. so I would hate to be allowed in Vancouver to take them then in Honolulu or Nadi not be allowed and have to leave my stuff with them... That would really SUCK!

5 comments:

JustApril said...

that WOULD really suck - of course if you are worried too much you could check them in the regular bags so you'd at least have something to knit once you get there? OR you could buy some incredibly cheap plastic circs so if they confiscated them, you wouldn't cry too much. Just pull them out of the work and keep the knitting.

Anonymous said...

Honolulu?!!! WOW! You lucky Daisy! :-)

roseygirl said...

I only have a stop over in Honolulu for 2 hours(I think) :(

Yarngineer said...

I traveled to and through Australia and NZ on my honeymoon last year. They do not allow any needles on the planes, except in your CHECKED luggage. So you cannot knit while on the plane. It made that 14 hour flight to Aus pretty tough. :P So pack them into your checked luggage and just knit away at your destination.

Beckea said...

I wouldn't bring them on the plane I had a friend that did and they took them from her.

It sucks, but I would just check them in your checked bags!

Becky