Monday, November 20, 2006

I have a knitting injury!

I am in pain! I can't believe that such a tiny little crack on the end of my finger can be so painful? It is a dry patch on the end of my finger and now I see a tiny little hole there?? My hubby says its because I knit too much??(What would he know) LOL! I tried putting some hand cream on it but that just stung! I was jumping up and down in the living room like a mad man! I thought I could just put a thimble on the finger while I knitted but those plastic thimbles are not made to knit with! I am sure my mother had a softer one made of some sort of rubber that was flexible? I will have to see if I can find one, as a band-aide just does not do the trick.. any suggestions are welcome.

4 comments:

Judie said...

Hi Deb- if you have some latex health type gloves, you could use a finger cut off to cover it up! A household rubber glove may be too grippy and affect your tension. Good luck, and happy healing!

roseygirl said...

Thanks for the tip Judie, I will have to try that as I could not find a soft thimble today while I was out.

kat said...

also get some knitters handcream. workign with any kind of textiles takes all the moisture out of your hands.

roseygirl said...

I called my Dr as my finger was so sore yesterday afternoon and he phoned in a presciption cream for me...Celestroderm V Cream I have no idea what that is?? But it seems to be working the pain is almost all gone now, and it doesn't look inflamed and red anymore , and I have only started applying it 24 hours ago!
My husband is shaking his head, he can't believe I have what he calls a Knitting Injury LOL!