Monday, February 20, 2006

Now that I have moved all my old Journal posts

from bravenet, I am hopping that here I will at least get the odd comment, I will have to figure out how to add photos of my finished work as I get them done, but that will take time. :)

Over the last few days I have been busy working on a Granny Square Poncho for my 3 year old neice living in Australia. I had an old large Granny Square Blanket that I had made about 10 years ago, I noticed it had a huge hole in it, so I undone the whole thing and have been re-uing the yarn, and as all I can do in crochet is granny squares..LOL! Hence a granny square poncho LOL! I found a pattern online for a plus size granny square poncho so I have just made the squares way smaller so as to fit the poncho for my neice. I have never met her, so I have been using the children I look after as a nanny for the size LOL! To make the poncho you do 2 larger squares then 8 smaller onse I have 6 of the small squares left to make before I start to put it together.

6 comments:

JustApril said...

Glad to have you with us on blogspot =) The best way to GET comments is to make them on other blogs (that's what I learned) I have a whole list of blogs I look at frequently and comment on, they usually comment back. I call it recruiting.

Let me know when you are ready to try posting pics and I'll help ya

roseygirl said...

thank you April, I have no idea how this blog thing all works?? LOL I am just winging it. :) I see on some blogs that people have lists of blogs they like to view how do I go about adding a list like that on my blog, and also a links list, this is a bit more confussing than I thought it would be I have made my own websites before and used the bravenet journal thing on and off for a while but this is a little more work than I am use to, but I am sure I will get the hang of it. :) I have been just going around posting on a few other blogs already in hope that I will get a few people over to my blog :)

Dani said...

You may want to consider allowing people other than blogger folks to comment on your blog though!

My actual blog is here but since you only allow blogger people to comment, I have to sign in under aan account that has no blog on it =) You should be able to change that in settings.

I think you will find that April is right - get yourself out there in groups like the one you joined (how I found you BTW) Blogs By Knitters, and comment on other people's blogs =)

Welcome to the big pond =)

-=Dani

roseygirl said...

thank you for your help Dani I have now changed the settings so anyone can post, I am new to this system so am still trying to work out how it all needs to be set up, it is trial and error I am afraid LOL!

Sue said...

I'd be happy to help you whenever you're ready to put pictures on your blog. I personally use "photobucket" which is a free place on the internet where you can host your pictures. You actually have to send them someplace like that first, then upload them to your blog. It's actually really easy - let me know if you want to try it. I also use "photobucket" to host blog buttons and stuff like that - and can help you get that started when you're ready. Good luck - and I'll look forward to reading your blog!

roseygirl said...

Sue I do need help, can you e-mail me @ roseygirl16@yahoo.com please. :)