Monday, February 20, 2006

Posts from my Bravenet Journal....

Saturday, January 21st 2006

1:14 AM
I think I need a Craft Journal!
As I am so active with crafts, I think it is a good idea to do just a craft journal!
My fave crafts are Knitting, Srapbooking and Embossing.

At the moment I am reading the book...Yarn Harlot..The Secret Life Of A Knitter.... By Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, I read her other book a few weeks ago... Medations for the women who knits too much.
Next I plan to read the books... The Shop On Blossom Street,... and A Good Yarn,... Both By Debbie Macomber,... these books are yarn/knitter stories.
What I am knitting at the moment... A hooded/zippered cardigan,... a hand towel,... a dishcloth,... and a Barbie Doll Poncho.



4:51 PM
Getting Organized!
I started the day...By undoing the hooded/zippered Cardigan, it just was not long enough for how I like to wear them, yes I could have just added a ribbed band as it does not have a ribbing band but it did not take me long to knit the back and the two front panels, so I just decided instead of fiddling around with something that I have never done before I would just undo it and start again!
Next I got a little knitter starter kit ready, as I promised one of the ladies I babysit for that I would teach her and her two children to knit, so I went to Michaels last night and got two sets of kids knitting needles and a corker, I already had a set of needles I can give to my friend(How is it I end up with more than one set of the same size needles all the time??) LOL! I have loads of spare balls of yarn in my stash, that I will never use as it is just the odd ball that I doubt I will be able to find the same dye lot again its been sitting in my stash for years... many are balls people/friends have given to me! So I will use that to teach them to knit why go buy yarn when I have loads to spare, and my Hubby is always asking why do you keep buying more yarn yopu have loads stashed all over the house(This is true)
Next I did a little tidy up of my knitting basket that sits under my coffee table, OMG! I have no idea how this basket gets so over flowwing, I had empty candy wrappers in there, and a broken bamboo needle I have no idea where the other one is, or even why I kept the broken one?? I even found a photo copy of a pattern that I have been looking for, for weeks, I thought I had lost it I think I need to clean this basket out more often, say like weekly LOL!
I now need to decide what knitting project I will take with me tonight to do while I am babysitting? Do I take the hooded/zippered cardigan and start that again, or do I take something that is half finished so I can actually get it finished so I can then start on the cardigan again?



5:07 PM
Crochet!...??
I have always told people yes I can crochet! But can I ??? All I can do is crochet granny squares or do a long cord of chain stitch! LOL! I can't follow a crochet pattern, well not much, yes I can do all the stitches if I sit with a learn to crochet book open and do them from that, but give me a pattern and I am LOST! Though one night at my craft group Ann Marie was teaching us all to crochet so I went home and I followed a easy teas-cozy pattern(Yes me) and I made a lovely crochet tea-cozy that I promptly gave away to a friend, now it took me two nights to crochet this tea-cozy but if I tried to do it again now I would not be able to do it, I would need another lesson from Ann Marie then need to rush home and make it straight away! Now why is it that I can knit and follow a pattern and even figure out new things or rember when someone explains a knitting thing yet crochet just causes me sooooooooooooo much stress??

No comments: